Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I've Joined the 21st Century!



I purchased a new gizmo today! ... and the crowd goes wild....yay. Don't they look thrilled?

Seriously ... should I buy a new sofa for me, or just a new house? Should I add a hedgehog or guinea pig to the mix, and see if they all gravitate to the Magic Sofa?

Actually, they're all there because I was there, five seconds before I took the picture. I got up and tiptoed over to get the camera to take this picture. I'm totally at their mercy. This is a Klippan loveseat from Ikea, and it seats three adults, or seven four-legged pets. I'm insane. I allow this.They have pet beds, and windowsills, and a cat tree, but if I'm on the sofa, then that's where you'll find them. I try to explain to them that I don't go laying on their cat beds when they're there, but they just look at me and yawn. Sometimes they nod in agreement. I guess it could be worse. They could figure out how to open the refrigerator, or unscrew bottle tops, or something. 

The reference to the 21st century -- ta da! I finally got a wireless something or another that allows me to move around the house with my laptop, and still have internet. So I watched the third season of "Vicar of Dibley" in three different rooms today ... I guess I can see the advantages to that.

And, the knitting part of this blog ... ta da again! Two FOs!

"Jacques Cousteau" hat...a little uneven, I know, but when it's worn, it smooths out.
"The Wave" arm warmers. Trust me, I've finished both. The other one was not available.

The hat is for my co-worker's husband, who is a professional photographer and helped me understand what kind of camera I needed. "The Wave" arm warmers are for the co-worker. The co-worker is the proud owner of several Morgan horses, and she thought she could wear her riding gloves under the arm warmers. To demonstrate this, she then bounced up and down in her chair, saying "giddyup!" and making horse noises while shaking imaginary reins. At work. At a job in which we are required to take three drug tests annually. It's supposed to be totally random, but I have the feeling her number will pop up soon.

And finally ... my new hobby. My garden did so poorly this year, my inner gardener was dissatisfied and disappointed. So I did some work on the smallest bedroom (8x8), which gets the most sun, and turned it into a little indoor herb outpost:


I expect it to do very well, since the sun just blazes into this room in the winter. I will put in a humidifier to keep it from getting too dry. I really don't know how this will go over with the cats though. Edgar Cat loves to eat anything green, which includes stalks of lavender I bring in to dry. I will have to find a cold frame to cover them, I think. I planted culinary herbs, chives, dill, oregano, thyme, purple basil, a few others. I hope to brighten the winter with it -- it stays cold well into May here some years, even June. If we get another 84 inches of snow-- in two storms, three days apart, like last year-- I'd like to have something green to remind me winter won't last forever!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Jacques hat! Very nice. I'm laughing imagining your co-worker. I bet you have a fun time at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing that I talk to you all day long, yet still learn new things about you when I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!