Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Finished Object Sunday!

I finished the Multnomah shawl, and pinned and blocked it Saturday, after a warm water soak. 

















The only trouble I encountered was when I wanted to take it off the blocking boards, and the Blocking Board Monster made an appearance.




But I persevered, and here it is! Much bigger than the shawlette it is supposed to be, but I actually ran out of yarn at row 42, and I needed to go to row 44. I was binding off when I realized I didn't have enough yarn . . . I had to unbind half the row -- really really really difficult when it is grabby rambouillet -- and then tink (un-knit) an entire row, then bind off again. I am going to wear it to work tomorrow. My co-workers are always gratifyingly impressed when I wear something I hand-knit, and it's quite an ego boost.




Here it is gracing the banister . . . looking much bluer.



And a  close up of the fan pattern on the bottom.











     I am very pleased with the results. The Multnomah is not a difficult pattern, but if I had messed up anywhere, the lines wouldn't have flowed and the mistakes would have been obvious. I used every scrap of rambouillet, too, so no leftovers. By the time I binded off, I think I had about 300 stitches on the needles. I thought I would never get to the end!

On to the next project! No idea what it will be, but I have a lot of handspun I want to get knitted up, before the next Sheep and Wool Festival in May. Wait, May? That's only five months away! I'd better get knitting ...

2 comments:

  1. I love your blocking monster! What a great appearance. The shawl is gorgeous! I'd be wearing it to work tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I am always so impressed by your works.

    I am surprise you even got a picture of the Blocking Monster! I heard it was more elusive than Big Foot.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!