Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Finished Object Friday!

  Ta Da! A finished object! It's been so long since I had one of those, I'd nearly forgotten how to cast off. 


The Angry Eyes scarf is done, but it still needs to be blocked. I figure I'll get around to that in a month or two. It's not like I'll be wearing an alpaca scarf anytime soon. 

And, being the type of person I am ... instead of picking up one of the eleventy other WIPs I have laying around ... I started a new one. This is to be an ipad carrier. I hope to finish it soon and not just add it to the pile. I really do need something to carry it around in, and why buy a carry-case when I can knit one? Amiright? 

Or am I cheap?







Here's one of my handmade sweatbands after a washing. I must have dropped a stitch. I untangled it and pulled it back and re-knit it, and solemnly swore to only wash them in a garment net bag from now on.

These things really work, if you're wondering ... it's sock yarn, so it's either merino or merino/nylon, and it's light enough so that I don't feel like it's making me hotter. And they are very absorbent. I've made four, and I wore one under my ball cap when I ran outside, and didn't even feel it.


Oh ... and if you're wondering ...

Here is what poison oak looks like. If you didn't know.



I didn't know.


Thank God for steroid cream .... not only did it ease the itch and swelling, I got to pretend to go into ''roid rages' at work.








One final thing ... Dawn F. won the giveway drawing, but she never came back to tell me her address. I can't get in touch with her, because she uses google plus and there was no website or email address listed for her ... just an invitation to join google + so I could contact her. I've waited a few weeks. Should I just draw another name? I'm not sure of the etiquette. What do I do?






Thanks for stopping by! Please visit Andrea's blog for Fiber Arts Friday stuff!

11 comments:

  1. Since I didn't enter this one, and have no vested self-interest (VVBG), I'd say pull another name. You've done all you can to contact her and since she doesn't seem to be a regular reader, I think you've satified all etiquette concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I thought when I opened this I must have missed your FAF post from last week... but here it is practically Friday... thanks for reminding me to take a photo. ;-)

    It's nice to see your angry eyes scarf finished, but I have to agree with you... as much as I love alpaca, I'm not crazy about wearing it during the heat and humidity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarf, and making a cover seems very sensible to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, I can't wait to see Angry Eyes blocked. Yes, I'd cast on another project too. I've been enjoying all of the hand knitted and felted IPad cases people have made. I have yet to buy one (waiting for my laptop to hang in there).

    Your sweatband idea is great too. I should whip up a couple before the true heat of the summer begins. It would make barn chores easier with no sweat in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no, poison oak?! I hope you heal quickly and don't let your roid rage get out of control, LOL Your projects are looking great. I've told myself many times that I need to finish started projects only to cast on another pair of socks...we all do it. Have fun, that's what's most important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of blending your two passions...exercise and knitting! The sweatband idea sounds smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work - and don't feel bad about starting a new project, I justify it by saying that I knit to make me happy, if none of my WIPs make me happy at any given moment, why not start a new one that does?
    LOVE the Angry Eyes scarf ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and you're not cheap... you knit. Us fiber folk can't help but make our accessories. It's in our nature. Hope the poison oak feels better. We have a ton around the property... so far so good this year. I'm the only one who's highly allergic in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/06/show-your-stuff-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about your encounter with poison oak! I know what they look like in pictures, but I'm not sure I can pick them out from all the other green stuff on the trail. Get well soon! I wash my knitting in laundry bags, if they go into the machine, or just hand wash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your finished scarf. Some of us are so lazy about blocking we take our projects into our LYS to have them blocked :o).

    Like your headband idea.....it's bad enough with all the bugs while raking paca poo having sweat in my eyes as well just drives me crazy. I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!