Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

S-s-s-s-so C-c-c-c-cold!





Please note the "real feel" temperature of -4! It is COLD out there! The wind is just awful ... I've been inside for about a half hour and my cheeks are still stinging. I had to go out and tend to the stray kitties, though, and make sure they're okay for the night.

It's so cold, Edgar had to wear a sweater!

Doesn't he look thrilled?

What's actually happening here is Edgar is modeling Georgie Girl's new coat. If I put it on Georgie Girl, she'd think we were going out for walkies, which we are most definitely not doing.

I am also knitting Celtic Pride Kilt Hose but the pattern is getting the best of me. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it exactly as written ... I might have to skip a few rows between cuff & body.

That's the fold-down hem.

And I started a one-skein wonder, the Beaded Diamond Bag from the first One Skein Wonders book.
I sort of dropped everything to knit Georgie a new coat so she'd have a dry one to put on when it's rainy or snowy, so I haven't made much progress on anything else. 

What are you working on? How are you staying warm?





6 comments:

  1. Edgar's coat is adorable!!!! He is so cute. I hope you stay warm. It is really cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Edgar. Glad you are on the lookout for the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the Big Chill is about over. We are enjoying the California sunshine this winter with almost no rain in sight. It's the driest year in history and water rationing is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been ridiculously cold here also. I hauled out the knitwear and tried to stay inside as much as possible. Now today it is 40 and everything is melty and ugly outside. I also have water in my basement from the melting snow...I guess we're never satisfied with the weather. I love your kitty sweater and am amazed that you could get her to be still long enough to take a picture. Take care, stay warm and dry and enjoy your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's warm enough here, it's the cedar pollen that has everyone in these parts down. I'm PRAYING for rain tonight! otherwise, this is going to be one long week! your knitting looks swell. glad you're staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I love that coat and that your cat allowed you to put it on. My dogs hate wearing their coats. They were forced to this last week. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your other projects.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!