Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Saturday, July 24, 2010

In Memory of Sally, and Today's Doings

My mother Sally passed away 9 years ago, on the 22nd of July. She was very artistic, and could knit, crochet, weave, and make ceramics. She was very talented and even ran her own ceramic shop for some time. I do not have any photos of her in digital form, so I will instead post a picture of some of her knitting:

This is a square of knitting that was in her arts and crafts stuff. I have it hanging on my wall behind the bed headboard. I don't know what the pattern is, but it is quite complicated! It's about the size of a lap blanket. I had to bind it off when I got it, because I had no idea what the pattern was or how to continue it.

And speaking of patterns, I did not give credit yesterday to the patternmaker of the lace wrap I posted ... it is a pattern from "The Best of Knitter's Magazine Shawls and Scarves," and was created by Eugen Beugler.

Today is hotter than yesterday, but I have managed some spinning ... corridale, spun finely, to ply with the BFL I have been working on. I have to sit directly in front of the fan to spin, which makes for flying fibers. The finished item, BFL-Corriedale, looks like this (only less blurry):



Excuse the piece of paper. It's marking how many niddy-noddy wraps are in the skein. I still haven't quite got the hang of counting yards.

Now I have to go look at my snow pictures to cool off ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!