Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Need Closure






For my Bohus ... I need something to close my Bohus! Snaps, or perhaps frogs, or some sort or hooking latch-y thing! The original pattern called for a big ol' ribbon, but I am just not the ribbon type. 



Excuse the flash. Not that it did much good.













The top part actually does meet at the edges, but not easily. I will have to use a closure that allows a half-inch gap. Then it can just hang open from the bottom of the colorwork.

I just wish I were a smidge smaller around the upper torso, so it would fit properly. Plus, I knit colorwork very snugly--I just can't seem to loosen up. I should frog all the color work, then re-do it, but I don't know if I will or not. I'll put some closers on it, and see how I like it then.

Meanwhile, I hexipuff away, and I have to tell you this is a fantastic way to use up the little yarn strands laying around.





I can use up every inch of all the yarn ends I can't bear to throw away. The one on the left is my favorite -- four different bits of yarn. Cascade, knit-picks dyed with Kool-Aid, and Vanna acrylic. There might be some slight wonkiness with gauge, but I will use up all my odds-n-ends!

Don't forget to stop by Tamis Amis for Finished Object Friday! And if I don't see you before then, Merry Christmas!


5 comments:

  1. Yea for the Bohus!! You did a great job. If you seek closure, you will find it. Or something like that...whatever you find will be just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One help for not knitting stranding too tight is to work on a long needle cable and keep the sts spread out. That way the floats will be longer. Never work it with sts scrunched on a short needle. Wear it with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely cardigan, I hope you find the right closure soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Bohus sweater looks great. I've had some good luck improving my colourwork tension by going up a needle size and by knitting inside out. Good luck finding the closures; maybe you'll get a chance to spend sometime poking around on Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on the sweater finish! And for the happy hexis too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!