Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Saturday, December 22, 2012

NaKniMitMo 2013 is Coming Soon!


Just a reminder for those who like to participate ... NaKniMitMo 2013 is fast approaching! I participated at the last minute in 2011, and came up with this mis-matched pair:


There is a Ravelry group for National Knitting Mittens Month, it says "2012" on the badge but the first discussion thread is for 2013. I'm in! Who's with me?

This year, I am determined to challenge myself. I  have done colorwork before, but I always avoided the really complicated patterns. Not this time! I have a book, "Mostly Mittens (Ethnic Knitting Designs from Russia)" and I am going to knit something from it. Russian patterns don't seem to be as complicated as Latvian patterns ... in any case, I've never knit anything from this book, and I need to practice my colorwork. As I mentioned last post ... I knit way too tightly in colorwork. For example, this hat ...







Was very snug on my head. (I do have a big head, though) I'm blocking it to see if I can get it looser.

You can also knit gauntlets/wristlets/fingerless-gloves for NaKniMitMo ...

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!