Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

So....Close....

Almost there .... Straining to the finish line ...


My fourth attempt (or third, I've forgotten) at Gail Nightsongs shawl, a pattern that I have struggled mightily with, and roughly 3,000 people have successfully completed. I didn't look to see how many of the 3,300+ projects were WIPs and how many were FOs, but it's enough to know so many people breezed right through this challenging pattern! It kicked my rear. But you know what made it make sense?



Stitch markers.





Lots and lots of stitch markers.


You aren't even seeing all of them here; several of them are dark blue and blend right in.

Every pattern repeat adds four leaves; so every repeat, which is 15 rows or so, adds four stitch markers.






See the leaf?

Blocking this thing is going to suck be wonderfully challenging!

I hope to have it blocked in time for FO Friday, and then I will turn my attention to hexipuffs. Nice, calming, soothing, relaxing, easy, knit-in-the-round, no-purling, hexipuffs.


Relax, already

8 comments:

  1. I'm cheering you on! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the blocking will go great!
    SO looking forward to see it done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! You did it! Wanting to see it blocked out. Get on that, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, it looks amazing! good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the last of the shawl. Lovely pic of your cat.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-91/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I applaud your persistance at this! I would've thrown in the towel! But, it will be BEAUTIFUL when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking wonderful so far and you're nearly there! Keep going...... and just keep those little claws away!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job sticking with it until the end. Using the stitch markers was a great idea. Can't wait to see it all blocked and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!