Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yep. Still Knitting the Blanket.

I just wanted everyone to know I'm still here ... still knitting that baby blanket!

I have about 8 more squares to go, then I knit them together and knit or crochet the border, I forget which. I forget how I did it last time.





I've been knitting at it slowly, but not steadily. I've been busy training for a half-marathon, which is in just 7 short weeks. Plus the weather got warm enough to get outside and do chores, so between the two, I haven't been inside much! Did you know that when you train for something athletic like a half-marathon, you have to spend a LOT of time on food? Planning what food to eat, in what combination, what type of carbs to eat (simple before a run, complex the rest of the time), protein after the workout, and a steady stream of fluids and fluid-y fruits and vegetables in between. Can't just grab a sammich and go anymore! I can't even say I eat x many small meals a day; it's more like I start eating in the morning and keep eating for 12 hours! It takes a lot of fuel to get through a 9-mile run, which is where I am currently.

I hope to finish this blankie within a couple weeks, and then I don't know what I'll move on to.

Looking forward to seeing what you all are working on!


Vietnam Women's Memorial, D.C.




3 comments:

  1. The squares look beautiful, your blanket will be a great looking one!
    Best wishes with training for the half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautyful squares! And wow, respect for training for half marathon! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exhausted after reading what you have to do to train. Wow, good on you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!