Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Mitten for the New Year

One down!



Pre-blocking: 


It was really hard to get the thumb to look decent. I thought about just making it pink or brown, but I told myself to stop being lazy. 













Taking a nice warm sunbath ... such fuzzy yarn! I didn't notice till it was in the sun. 


So I'm going to cast on the left-handed mitten in a few minutes here, and hopefully knock it out before the mitten version of second-sock-syndrome hits. The pattern isn't tricky, just tedious. I love colorwork, so it's a treat, but I won't show you the reverse side. My reverse sides are always pretty ugly!

I leave you with a picture of Spot and Georgie Girl, lazing in the yard on a nice day. 


The doggy is a cat magnet. Cats love her. 

Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. That mitten is beautiful! One day I am going to get the hang of colorwork. Every time I see a pattern like this, I want to knit it. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!