Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Finished Object for Friday!



To be absolutely honest, I finished Carla Kisielnicki's Wisteria Arbor Shawl, from the absolutely fabulous Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders book, in May 2011. I am always loathe to get out the blocking paraphernalia, so I left it unblocked and wore it as a scarf.

Finally, 15 months after casting off ... I cleared off the table and got out the pins, wires, mats, and spray bottle. Now it's blocked.


Much better!



Now I have something warm for my shoulders and neck!

If I remember correctly, I bought the Merino roving from one of my favorite large suppliers, Pacific Wool and Fiber.     







Now I'm off to re-block the orange lacy thing that is featured at the top of my blog. I've blocked it once, but now I think I'll try to block it so it's long and narrow rather than square.


Then, before I pick up another knitting needle, I'm going to go finish beading the other side of the Judy Jacobs Crest of the Wave Scarf, which I abandoned after beading one side.


I either needed a break from the tedium of stringing beads onto a wire then onto a string, stabbing my fingers repeatedly ... or Molly Cat was getting on my last nerve with her interference. Probably the latter.

Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone! For my British and Norwegian friends, and visitors from all over, have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! :) I thought the cat was part of the scarf for a while!

    I've done a Follow Friday style blog-post today, and I've featured your blog on it. I'd love it if you could recommend three blogs to me that you love to read, but if you don't have time that's no problem at all. (The blog is www.plutoniummuffins.com if you want to check it out.)

    Thank you for being a source of inspiration to me!

    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! You waited that long to block? That's funny. After I finish knitting, I'm too greedy to wear my goods. I look forward to seeing the beaded scarf when it's complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Wisteria Arbor shawl is lovely. Now aren't you glad you blocked it? You will love it for the fall; nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your shawl is beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen blocking like that and I think it looks great with that pattern! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, blocking works magic! but you have a beautiful shawl to begin with, and blocking just make it better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, blocking is miraculous! The shawl looks incredible in its newly defined form!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wisteria Arbor looks lovely. Absolutely gorgeous yarn for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shawl and lovely work! It's amazing what wonders blocking can do, but there's no rush to do it! ;)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shawl!
    And a great weekend to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must really hate blocking. lol. The finished shawl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!