Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Thursday, August 9, 2012

If I Teach the Cats to Knit

Will they leave my stuff alone?!















Honestly!!



The Smocked Fingerless Mitts are nearly done, and like everything else in the 60-Quick-Knits book, they were fast and fun to knit up.

I have to be honest ... I was careless and knit two left hands. So I pulled one back and then I was careless and forgot to stop knitting the buttonhole spacing! In the recipe, the buttonhole garter stitch goes all the way to the top, but I stopped on the first glove an inch from the top.



 Then I forgot to stop on the second glove and knit it to the top. Instead instead of ripping back, I just dropped those four stitches down about six inches and reknit them that way. I have gotten shockingly good at doing that ... even with cables. 

The thumb is added in later, and it was a pain to undo that thumb! I weave my ends in really far, and I can never find them again. 




The Drop Stitch Scarf (aka Angry Eyes) was finally blocked out, and is ready to gift. It's lovely ... long, soft, and full of alpaca-y goodness.



And cat hair, thanks to Petunia and Edgar Allen Poe.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. It does look like angry eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how some projects are like that?

    I think the cats are just admiring your work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects, and beautiful kitties, even if they are trying to pinch your knitting

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I think your cats would still want your projects. Your scarf is gorgeous and I bet it is super soft. Those mitts are sassy too. I may want to knit that pattern but take your advice and not get distracted. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, your mittens are adventuresome even tho they are not supposed to! I once knitted two right fronts of a jacket, with top half of sleeves knitted in, on size 3 needles. There were a lot of griping and ripping for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!