Celtic Cable

Celtic Cable

Guest Book

Guestbook

Thursday, July 7, 2011

On the Straightaway ...

Tour de Fleece Day Six ... I've hit the straightaway, just easy coasting.

The past three days I've taken it pretty easy (after my mammoth 4 ounce Monday).

For Team of Wonder, Wonder Why Alpaca on the Kromski (formerly on the Zebisis Spindle, moved to wheel)

Team Kromski: Also the WW alpaca!

Team Bring Me a Shrubbery: Meriboo in a nice shrubbery green, on the Trindle (Also Team Trindle)

And the tangerine Corriedale for Team Spindle.

I have 3/4 of a pair of socks finished:

The Button Up Socks. I have the leg of the other one knit, so I still have to do the heel flap, heel, gussets, foot, and toe.

They look kind of odd. The ones in the book looked different. Perhaps my gauge was off. Anyway, they fit! I have to get buttons for them still. I love to buy buttons. I don't mean a can of buttons, I mean taking my project to Jo-Anne's and searching the buttons on the cardboard backing until I find the perfect ones. I need ten for these socks. And they're functional buttons, too, not just decorative!



I enjoy spinning a little each day, and the variety keeps it interesting, but my left thumb is really sore. I'm not going to overdo it again!

Happy Tour de Fleece, and Fiber Arts Friday!

7 comments:

  1. oh no! A spinning sports injury? I am totally ignoring my knitting until TdF is over. Really, I needed a break anyways...those socks really don't knit themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, that's some great spinning Lady! I'm impressed with all the teams you joined and how organized you are! Great job, love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo, sounds like you're crazy busy with all those Tour de Fleece groups. I'm doing ok on the spinning part but I'm not keeping up so good with the posting to Ravelry part. I can claim that it's because I'm a rookie at the Tour, LOL I'll have plenty of time to post next week though. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you are really busy with Tour De Fleece. I am having a hard time keeping up with just one group! Very pretty socks. I like the pattern a lot. Take care of that thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine being a part of that many groups at once. Great job on everything.

    Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being in that many groups just means that I have a variety of choices when I sit down to spin. I can choose between wheel or two different spindles (I'm saving the third, Russian spindle, for the challenge) and four different types of fiber. I have a fickle nature, and this keeps me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting stitch pattern on the sock, I'm looking up your project on Ravelry. Happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!